Copyright 2012 IKAUAI.COM. All Rights Reserved.
When exploring Kauai the Garden Island.
We hope you will learn a little bit of the Hawaiian while on Kauai. Here are some Hawaiian Words that you may hear used by the locals of Kauai.
- Land, earth.
- Love, Greetings, Hello, Goodbye.
- Love of the land; to nurture and care for the land.
- To go, come, walk; going, moving.
-Native-born,long-time resident of Hawai'i, as distinguished from a visitor.
- to help, aid, or give assistance.
- Grandparent or ancestor.
- Garland, wreath or necklace of flowers or shells.
- Hawaiian feast.
Other Points of Interest: Visit these links below for more.
Bread and Breakfast
Island News and Information
Hawaiilink Internet Services
- Thanks or to give gratitude.
- To take care.
- Stranger, foreigner, newcomer or tourist.
- Song, anthem, or to sing or chant.
- Wave, surf.
- Delicious or tasty.
- Prayer, incantation or blessing.
- A four-stringed instrument shaped similar to a very small guitar.
- Sea urchin with long pointed dangerous spines.
There are more Hawaiian words to learn and you can find more in the
New Pocket Hawaiian Dictionary
Aloha and Welcome to IKAUAI.COM